Saturday, April 14, 2007

Injury.........drat!

I had to cancel my scheduled lesson on April 9. A back injury flared up again. Very agonizing, VERY.

I was able to have a good practice on Thursday. I recorded and critiqued myself on Friday. I played Struan the best I have played. I was very relaxed, didn't over blow or squeeze too hard. Didn't rush the music. Relaxed grip on the chanter for most of the tune. Crunluath is still a work in progress, but slowly improving.

Hiharin is coming along. I think I've had the chanter turned "out" just a little and it was making my birl sound funky. I've got a mark on the stock and chanter (used white out) to line the chanter correctly.

Next Saturday, April 21, is Loch Norman. My first competition. I'm looking forward to Monday's lesson. I need some final tweaking and wisdom from Winkie.

No comments: