Saturday, April 28, 2007

Patience

I did not compete at Loch Norman due to my back injury. I canceled my room at the Holiday Inn, emailed the pipe competition director, and canceled attendance to the Piobaireachd Enclave. I went to an MD and got Vicodin (pain) and Flexoril (muscle relaxer). I have visited my chiropractor several times and I'm finally getting relief. I'm surprised how playing the pipes put a strain on the back muscles. The highland games at Bridgeport are next weekend, May 5. I had planned to play a full piobaireachd, but I must have patience with my recovery. I don't want to sacrifice a complete healing just to play at the games in Bridgeport. My next possible competition would be the McHenry Games in Garrett County, Maryland. We'll have to wait and see. I'm keeping an optimistic outlook.

No comments: